Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bread Crumbs


Wanted to make whole wheat breadcrumbs for breaded chicken. Had Olivia put the dried up bread into the food processor, she didn't get the lid on straight the first time and bread crumbs went all over the place. So I patiently explained how to fit the lid on tightly and showed her how the plastic safety tab fits into place. Olivia turned put more bread into the machine and turned it on. The lid broke off and the safety tab stayed in place, so the crumbs were flying all over the kitchen, she finally had to pull the plug out of the socket to shut the thing off. We had bread crumbs covering the kitchen floor and all the way into the family room couch and the living room carpet. Then the school called to say that Sophie had missed the bus....aaaahhhhhh!! We had plain old chicken and rice for dinner!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! You updated! It was fun to see you Saturday night and Justin is thrilled to be playing with Jaxson again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Olivia's face in this pic! It's good to know that similar craziness is going on in friends' homes all over the place.
    p.s. I heard your lesson was wonderful on Sunday. Sorry Ben and I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, it's been 8 months since you last posted...and even though this post is quite small, I guess I'll be grateful for bread crumbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see that there is excitement at the Smiths' home. Even happier to see your kitchen looks like it is lived in! Now I need to go clean mine!

    ReplyDelete